Monday 19th January around 300 people attended an exhibition was held
where the developers displayed their 'Master Plan'. Many questions were
asked regarding the plan and why the area of the Bellway development
was not subject to the same constraints as the rest of the area.
The same questions were asked at a Parish Meeting held on Friday 23rd
when a resolution was passed :
- To thank Taylor Wimpey and Bellway for putting on the consultation event on Monday January 19th 2015.
- To raise the issues with the main access especially in relation to the proximity to Doxey School.
- To put forward the concerns about Bellway who appear to be exempting
their site in Doxey from the consultation of the overall masterplan.
- To highlight the importance of retaining the footpath which runs from
St Thomas and St Andrew Church providing access to Stafford Castle. This
needs to be retained as a “green corridor” as shown in previous plans
- To raise concerns that community facilities will not be available until the first 1000 houses have been built.
- To raise concerns that a specific provision for a Doctors surgery has not been included.
- To request that construction traffic is closely monitored to reduce impact to residents.
- To put forward community concerns that the Bellway Development does not
include adequate green space for the size of development.
- To note that all elected representatives, Parish/Borough/County
Councillors and local MP, should monitor closely the implementation of
It is important that individual comments are made and should be sent to the developers (email to email@example.com
or via their website www.weststaffordconsultation.co.uk