Home Back


DOXEY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION


Minutes of meeting held on 10th March 2010 at 7.30pm at the William Sutton Centre

Present.

Gill Smith, Isabella Davies, David Hughes, Sally Hems, Joan Harvey.

Apologies;

Denise Peel. John Smith

Matters Arising

Feedback

Gill Smith said that positive comments were still coming in with regard to the Senior Citizens’ Christmas Party.

Financial Report

No report presented, finances are still at a low point. Money raised from forthcoming events will all help toward the work of the D.C.A.

Felt Making

This was a very well attended and successful afternoon. Money raised will support the D.C.A. It is hoped that more craft workshops can now be organised in the future.

Doxey Archive

Unfortunately, Eileen Skelton’s Archives do not meet the Heritage Lottery criteria.
Ian Simpson has said that the William Salt Library has agreed to take the Archives as they stand.

Forthcoming Events

Plant/Produce Sale

This is now confirmed. 15th May at 10.30 – 12.00 noon. Outside the Church

Clear Out Day

Date is still to be confirmed. Preferred date would be the week after the plant sale, 22/23rd May. Joan Harvey will contact Mike Turner to discuss.

Respect Day’

Stafford and Rural Homes will be holding a ‘Respect Day’ on Thursday 22nd April beginning with a litter pick starting from the Church at 10.30 am. There will be an afternoon display at the school from 3.30pm – 5.30pm. This will include several different organisations joining Stafford and Rural Homes

Cheese and Wine Party

The date for this evening has still to be confirmed. It was agreed that this should be a ticketed event.

Doxey Day

The preparations for Doxey Day on 17th July 2010 are on track. David Hughes said he was pleased with the progress so far.

The Sutton Centre

With regard to the charges now in place for the use of the centre, David Hughes reminded the meeting that Stafford Borough Council had partially financed the community centre for public use. He will look into this.

Dog fouling

There are ongoing complaints about dog fouling. David Hughes suggested that bins could be placed at either end of the track behind the Church. The responsibility for emptying them would have to be considered. It was suggested that notices and free pooper scoopers should be placed in local shops, encouraging dog owners to clean up after their dogs and to use the pooper scoopers provided

Annual General Meeting

Gill Smith reminded the meeting that a date should be set for the A.G.M., leaving enough time for public notices and to invite Councillors and speakers. The 2nd Wednesday in June was suggested.

Correspondence

A summary of courses on offer this year was sent from Stafford and Rural Homes.

The meeting closed at 8.45pm

The next meeting will be held on 12th May 2010


Minutes of Previous Meetings
June 2004 July 2004 Sept 2004 Oct 2004 Nov 2004 Dec 2004
Jan 2005 Feb 2005 Mar 2005 Apr 2005 May - AGM  
Jun 2005 July 2005 Sept 2005 Oct_2005 Nov_2005 Dec 2005
Jan 2006 Feb_2006 Mar_2006 Apr_2006 May- AGM June_2006
July_2006 Aug_2006 Sept_2006  Oct_2006    
Oct 2008




July_2009Sept_2009Nov_2009




Amended : 21-05-10 TOP