Home Back

Doxey Community Association

Minutes from Meetings

Minutes from Meeting   - Wednesday 10th October 2012


A. Sumner-Smith, S. Hems, D. Hughes, M. Tumer, M. Smith, P. Perks, C Wood, D. Peel.


I. Davies, J. Perks. G. Smith, I. Simpson,


Minutes from the previous meeting accepted as a true and accurate record.

Matters Arising:  Listed as agenda items.

Trustees Report:

The main concern was the future of the DCA, it was noted that a special meeting could be requested if ten members wrote in support of such a meeting. It would then need all members to be notified in writing giving 21 days notice. The date of the meeting would also be publicized in the Doxey Times to encourage members of the community to attend.

Financial Report: No finance report requested.

Future events:

Senior Citizenís Christmas meal - confirmed for Saturday 8th December. Budget of no more than £1 50 agreed.

Craft to be approached to make the boxes for favours, D. Hughes offered to organize a raffle, profits to DCA, also to contact C. Haigh to invite members of the youth club to help on the day. P. Perks offered to make table decorations, A. Sumner-Smith, S. Hems, D. Peel to help on the day, M. Smith to get a Christmas tree.

Parish Council:

Plans for Brookside called in. 47.5 feet long, 22 feet wide and 15 feet high, unknown usage. Residents are concerned about the access, size and usage.

Anti social Behaviour:

C. Wood has contacted PCSO Helen Walker but after 1 month has had no reply. Anti social behaviour is varied including loud noises after midnight, increased use of motorbikes and quad bikes going to the football pitch. M. Turner suggested ringing 101 to report all instances. Anita posed the question of how we could progress. There has not been a meeting with the police and residents for over a year. Pat Perks to speak with Inspector Rob Pilling regarding meeting the residents. Anita offered to support any meeting held. D.Hughes will contact Helen Walker.

Doxey Times:

Bertie bus for 0 -5 years, Senior citizenís, date of special meeting, date of Police meeting


A letter requesting a special meeting was presented with the required 10 signatures. The date was set as the next DCA meeting 14th November 2012.

Meeting closed at 8.40 pm.

Next meeting 14th November 2012 7.30pm. at the Sutton Centre.

Minutes of Previous Meetings
June 2004 July 2004 Sept 2004 Oct 2004 Nov 2004 Dec 2004
Jan 2005 Feb 2005 Mar 2005 Apr 2005 May - AGM  
Jun 2005 July 2005 Sept 2005 Oct_2005 Nov_2005 Dec 2005
Jan 2006 Feb_2006 Mar_2006 Apr_2006 May- AGM June_2006
July_2006 Aug_2006 Sept_2006  Oct_2006    
Oct 2008

July_2009 Sept_2009 Nov_2009


Oct 2011
Feb 2012
June 2012
July 2012
Sept 2012
Oct 2012

Amended : 08-01-13 TOP