Minutes of a Meeting held on the 9th January 2013
Present: K. Higgs G. Smith M. Smith A. Sumner Smith K. Brereton L. Firman P. Firman C. Wood W. Wood I. Simpson J. Peel A Hayward P. Perks S. Hems I. Davies D.Hughes M. Turner
Apologies: R & A. Hemmings J. Perks S. Dooley D.Peel
Introductions: Those present introduced themselves.
1. Minutes: The minutes of the last meeting were accepted as a true record of proceedings.
2. Matters Arising: There were no matters arising not covered by an Agenda item
3. Financial Report: No report was available as the past treasurer [Mark Smith] had not completed the transfer of the accounts to the newly appointed treasurer [Lillian Firman] and it was understood that no changes had been made to the names of Bank signatories. The Chair asked for the transfer of responsibilities to take place without further delay.
4. Eventís Timetable 2013:
Clearout Days Spring - Sunday 28th April;
Autumn Sunday 15th September.
Annual General Meeting: Wednesday 15th May at 7:30 PM in the Church Hall.
Tabletop Sale: Saturday 18th May in the Church Hall.
Senior Citizens Christmas Dinner: Saturday 7th December in the Church Hall.
Other events under consideration were
5. Membership of SDVS: the chair confirmed that the DCA had submitted membership application and was awaiting confirmation that we had been accepted.
6. Future of Doxey Times: The Chair reported that since our last meeting, a meeting had taken place with David Adams the leader of the Parish Council to consider the joint production of the publication for the future and it was agreed that costs should be investigated and also the involvement of other organisations operating in our community. Katie Brereton had obtained some provisional cost for a four page A4 Publication and 1200 copies would cost approximately £75. It was also suggested that we produce a local trade directory for Doxey in the same style and charge organisations for advertising: Ian Simpson said as an inducement firms advertising would be given entry on the DCA website. It was agreed to take this matter forward with Parish Council and Other local bodies.
7. Universal Club: The Chair confirmed that the DCA is not taking on the management of the Club.
8. A.O.B. Minutes and Agendas for meetings are on the DCA website. Kirsty Higgs suggested that Doxey should set up its own Face Book Page and agreed to look into the feasibility and report to next meeting.
9. Correspondence: None had been received.
10. Date of Next Meeting Wednesday 13th February 2013. The Meeting Closed at 19:10PM.
Minutes of Previous Meetings
|Amended : 07-02-13||TOP|