DOXEY COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Minutes of a Meeting held on the 13th March 2013
Present: D. Hughes [Chair] S. Hems P. Perks S. Dooley A. Hayward L. Firman P. Firman D. Peel, I. Simpson G Smith K. Higgs M. Turner
Apologies: J. Peel J. Perks R. & A.
Hemmings K. Brereton
Minutes of the last Meeting: Approved as a true record of proceedings
Matters Arising: There were no matters arising not covered by the agenda
Doxey Day 2013: The Chair advised the meeting that Stafford and Rural Homes had agreed to the use of the facilities at Doxey House for the purpose of the fete on 29th June and wished to play an active part in the event.
A letter was going out to all local organisations inviting them to a meeting on the 24th April 2013 at 7.30pm to discuss the fete and the creation of a new Doxey News Sheet. It was suggested that the New Testament church be invited as they had expressed interest in becoming involved in local community matters.
Life Saving Courses: Anita Sumner-Smith had been
in contact with The Red Cross and copy of the offer which they had made to
provide courses was circulated, she had also advise that contact had been made
with St Johnís Ambulance Service but to date no course cost had been
received. It was agreed that this matter would be held over to the next
meeting to allow
Any Other Business:
1. Mikron No notification had been received regarding a Mikron visit in the autumn, but it was thought that if there were there should be some fiscal return or independent sponsorship, in view of the state of the Associations Bank balance.
2. Mr Ray Sutherland Head of Borough Planning Committee had been approached to speak at AGM, awaiting acceptance.
3. Affinity Sutton had made an approach to DCA to lease the Sutton Centre. This was considered an impossibility in our present financial position.
4. Approaches had been made to PCSO Helen Walker re the Senior Youth Club Funds held in our account, to date no response received, the matter will be pursued.
5. Town Centre Celebrations for 1100th
Anniversary of the creation of
6. The Universal Club is still in the legal process, which appears to become more complex daily. The Borough Council have confirmed that they wish to see the Club retained as recreational entity in Doxey, which is positive step forward.
Date of Next Meeting 10th April 2013: The meeting closed at 8.50pm
Minutes of Previous Meetings
|Amended : 01-04-13||TOP|