© Historic England
The images on this page are taken from the website www.britainfromabove.org.uk and are copyright Historic England.
The above photo was taken in 1949 by Aerofilms Ltd as part of a collection of images of Universal Grinding Wheel, Venables Timber and other Stafford locations. It shows the original Broadmeadow estate and The Drive under construction. The M6 is not yet built and the Doxey Marshes are still relatively dry (salt extraction has not taken its full toll). The railway lines to Newport and RAF Stafford are still in use.
The image can be moved and 'zoomed' by using a mouse or the control buttons (top left corner). The 'Toggle Full Page' button will maximise the window.